Followers

Thursday, March 25, 2010

CHIEF

Woooh I can't believe it's already Thursday, yes it looks like I've been a bad blogger... BUT it's because I've been having some bad days. The worst part has to do with my printer.. we had a power cut here in Malta this week.... all over Malta!!!! and when the power came back I found out that my scanner/printer didn't want to switch on.. I didn't think much of it at the time, and thought it would be ok but it still isn't working! So, I'm still waiting for it to be fixed... and me feeling bad all along!

Another thing is that I can't find my small 'Handmade By' rubber stamp which I bought last year from New Zealand :( it really is nothing much, but I get sooo annoyed when I can't find something!!! Now I've given up as I know when and where I used it last, and feel that I've seen the last of it :|

Now, no more of my moaning. I have a card ... a particular one today.

A colleague of a friend of mine is retiring, and they call him 'The Chief'.. he he :) and so she asked me to do him a card in this sense! As I didn't have anything to go for this, I googled and found this nice indian image and made this card.


I printed the image three times ... at a printer where I work! I then cut around one of them, the second just the trousers and hands, and the third, just one of the hands and the front piece on the trousers. I then attached them with foam to create some dimension. The papers are from my Papermania FOR HIM paper pack, which I smudged around the edges with some black ink and the buttons I made them myself using two punches, one small circle one for the centre holes and a larger one.

Here are the challenges I'm entering it into:
1 - Tuesday Morning Sketches.. I used Melissa's lovely sketch for this card.


2 - Fab 'n' Funky - This week's theme is IT'S ALL IN THE TECHNIQUE.

and last but not least ....

3 - Cute Card Thursday - The theme is DIMENSIONS.

Hope you like it and thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

Ginny said...

fabulous, he'll love it, thanks for joining us at FnF :0) Ginny

Kelly said...

Don't you hate it when things go wrong. On the bright side, you made a simply fabulous card Dora! Love your choice of paper and The Cheif will love this card, it will be a true keepsake of his retirement!

Theresa said...

What a great card. I love the DP and the image. Great job!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Theresa (DT)

Melissa Craig said...

This is a fabulous! He's really going to love it. The papers are great!!

Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mandi said...

Fabulous card!
That paper matches the red indian theme perfectly

mandi xx

Lou Sims said...

Georgeous - great favourite technique to have too. Many thanks for joining in with "Fab'n'Funky" challenges.

Lou
x

Jessica G. said...

Perfect card for your friend's retirement and perfect spin on this sketch, too! Thanks for playing along with this week's Tuesday Morning sketch!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...